Thursday, October 6, 2016

Same ole same ole....

Oh, the glamor of being a jaguar mechanic, dirt and grease and more dirt ;-)
Today worked on completing the disassembly of the IRS.  Sometimes you win and sometimes your loose, the hub broke my stand when I tried to disassemble it so will try to make a more substantial stand/holder tomorrow.  The hub came apart from the axle readily so I knew something must be getting ready to bite me...

Using the hub puller again, what a neat tool!

A small amount of the debris

The IRS cage with everything removed except for the 'Pumpkin'


Did I mention I hate cleaning?


Parts bins, red=right R-R Right?

Pumpkin separated from the cage

Why oh why?  Don't know why a PO did this but I'm going to fix it!

Will weld it up in the morning when it's not so windy

It's much easier to just bite the bullet with these bushing sleeves and make two cuts, the sleeve almost dropped out, just make sure your wearing your reading glasses so you don't cut into the other stuff.


Here's the pumpkin, oop's don't look it's taking a leak...


Nasty black fluid, but at least it had fluid. PS: it's heavy, but it's not my brother...

That's all folks,
Cheers

8 hrs

2 comments:

  1. Now this is more like it. Shows the grease and gunk I was expecting. Nice work on getting the cage ready for welding. Do you do the welding yourself? My brother has a MIG welder, but I'm not good at using it yet. This IRS is going to be vastly improved when you are done with it, both in looks, longevity and function. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Drew, Yup, I weld it up myself. Frankly if I can do it you can do it. The thing I've learned is that you want the stuff your welding as clean as possible and then it's a chinch. Thanks for the post and your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete