Thursday, August 18, 2016

Rack and Pinion refurbishment plus a visit from Toad's Diagnostic CEO

I knew that today was going to be one of those days that is spent cleaning stuff so it can be painted and reassembled.  However I had a surprise visit from Terry, the CEO, CFO of Boise's famous 'Toads Diagnostics'.  It was a pleasure to have him come over to inspect Michelle's car and take us out to lunch!  Along the way we managed to fix his MGBGT's choke cable that had mysteriously come out of the dash and tried to strangle him, fortunately we were able wrestle the wayward cable and get it re-attached in the engine compartment and Terry lived to tell the tale.

Cleaning parts, did I mention that I hate cleaning parts!

Mr T., thanks again for lunch!


The assorted parts

We purchased the rebuild kit for Michelle's rack and pinion which was very complete except for the locking plates, including the bearings, gators, clamps and seal
These are the parts after cleaning, I painted them and will reassemble it tomorrow.
Here is the video I made yesterday (we'll see if it works this time) of Michelle's engine, terrible quality so I'll keep my day job, wait I don't have a day job!

Tomorrow I'll get our cars ready for the car show so may not get much done on RJ, we'll see.
Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Idling nicely! Well done! Glad you got the video to work. --Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Drew, I was surprised and pleased at how well it ran. Next week when I have the radiator back in and if the weather cools off I'll try to tune it a bit and make sure the airflow is balanced and the timing is set correctly. Appreciate the comment.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete