Thursday, August 25, 2016

Hack job?

Well, I sure hope not but I had to cut the upper shock absorber bolt to get the shock out,  the bolt was completely frozen to the sleeve and there was no way it was coming out without cutting it on both sides of the shock. I have shock absorber bushings that I was able to scrounge from my parts bin but I needed the spacer as intact as possible.  Once I had it out I drilled the bolt out of the spacer and it will be reusable.


Cleaned up the axle mount after dismounting the caliper and the rotor. New lower ball joint installed too.

The shock, Armstrong brand.  Seems like a pretty nice shock now with good bushes. Hope the other side is easier to remove and is in good condition too.

Bushings installed on the parts and ready to install,  I need to clean the frames otherwise it seems like dressing up with dirty underwear ;-)

Painted the anti-roll bar and links, put the bushes in after it dried

The dirty side still to go, taking longer than I expected so may not be ready for the ABFM Michelle.

Making slow steady progress but wish it was faster.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment