Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Did I mention.....

...that I hate cleaning stuff, why yes I have.  The only thing I dislike more is working with and installing grubby parts!

Front suspension removed!

Removing one of the sleeves for the bushing on the lower control arm, what a PITA. It was frozen in place.





The spindle ready for it's bath!

Got a fair amount done today, got the suspension off, cleaned most of it and painted some panels/mud shields.  Not a great paint job (I think some silicone brake fluid got on it) but it's protected and hard to see once it's installed.
Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. Great looking work, Lynn! I still marvel that the suspension appears to have its original plating intact. I know it's nasty work, but your cleaning and rebuild work is doing wonders for this suspension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drew, appreciate the feedback. Today was fun primarily because of getting all the stuff cleaned yesterday. Just have to focus on that while hunched over the sink cleaning all this stuff.
      Cheers,
      Lynn

      Delete
    2. Very jealous of your garage sink. Some day maybe I'll have one. :-)

      Delete