Friday, August 26, 2016

Making bolts...

Had to do some shopping again for Michelle's car, I needed to replace/make the upper shock bolt that had to be cut to release it.  I went to my favorite 'Fastener Supply Shop' and then to the bearing shop to see If I could find some seals for the front wheel bearings and then to Home Depot for some paint for the shock absorbers.  I will have to order the seals as I couldn't source them locally, the old ones are probably original to the car as they are made of leather...

Drilling a hole in the end of the new bolt for the upper shock mount, the bolt had to be cut off, threaded and drilled to match the original.

Prior to painting it

Before cleaning

After cleaning

Hammertone Copper painted shock
Next week I'll start reassembling the suspension on the passenger side and try to get the other side disassembled.  Dreading the drivers side just a bit cause I'll likely have to drop the exhaust system...
Cheers

1 comment: