Monday, August 15, 2016

Peak-a-boo...


Today was kind of a laid back day, waiting for a parts shipment from SNG which should have among other things an oil filter element.  I've drained the oil and removed the filter in anticipation of replacing the oil & filter and perhaps trying to start the engine?    We also have new hoses coming but may try to flush the cooling system using the old ones (if they don't pop!) and then install the new hoses.  Still lots to do but step by step...
For some reason just happened to notice how this wiper sat.


How it should set, nice to have some old parts on hand that I can donate to the cause


While I was messing with the wipers I decided to fix the WS washer nozzles, they had come loose and needed tightening.  With the dash off I was able to reach into the dash on the left side and with my SWMBO holding the nozzle I was able to tighten it up. The right side, on the other hand, left me with a vague sense of panic when I reached in there and couldn't get my hand out.  Yes folks it's that tight and I felt like the proverbial 'kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar', so for a few moments I was trying to figure out how I was going to get my hand out of there and weather or not I was going to have to call the fire dept., I could just see myself explaining to Michelle why they had to use the jaws of life on her car.... Obviously I got my hand out or I wouldn't be writing this.

As I'm contemplating how I'm going to tighten up the nozzle, I noticed another plate on the bulkhead that I hadn't seen before.  Why they cut this panel out and hacked away some of the interior panels is beyond me but it did give me access to the WS washer nozzle on that side.  
My lovely SWMBO


This fitting is the leaky drain on the radiator, not only did it leak but some one had broken the handle off of it.  So I decided I could fix it for a lot less that a new one would cost by taking it apart, smooth the surfaces with some rouge and put a new handle on it.

With the 'new and improved padded' handle ;-)

This is the correct path of the bonnet harness which gets it out of the way of the tires and suspension.  It's fastened to the bonnet and the frame to keep it out of harms way.
That's it for today, stay tuned for a possible engine start tomorrow????
Cheers

2 comments: