Monday, July 11, 2016

Carburetors (French for leave it alone?)

Perhaps not in this case, today was clean the carbs day.  I started with the front carburetor for no particular reason and found it to have the most issues.  The float was seized on it's shaft and the jet was frozen in it's housing.   I was going to try to get buy with out kits but it's become obvious that would be false economy.  I'll place an order with SNG later on in the week and just proceed with cleaning the remaining two.  Cleaning them is quite involved because the old gas has left everything gummed up and filthy.


One clean one dirty

Front carb with seized jet and float

Something missing?

Now that I can see it with carbs out of the way-matching numbers!
The really good news today was that once I had the carbs out of the way I was able to clean off the block enough to see the serial numbers.They match the ID plate.  A heritage certificate would confirm it but I have no reason to believe that it has been altered.
If I had carb kits I would be 1/3 done


No comments:

Post a Comment