Thursday, December 8, 2016

Nearly done....

Have a few things to do now that the seals are installed, aside from tires the car needs to be aligned, the dash and under dash panels need to be installed and then fettled.  The doors do not fit as nice as they did when there were no seals limiting their closure but I'm hoping that once they have a chance to warm up and spend a little time together they'll settle in so to speak.  

Safety wired the front radius arm bolts today tomorrow I may try to align the wheels, got an idea on how to do the toe in with a lazer line.  Stay tuned and I'll let you know.  Need to quit now and go shovel snow....





Cheers,

2 hrs

4 comments:

  1. Did you find it difficult to take out and install the door and window handle pins? I had a heck of a time removing mine the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Drew,

      I used 'churchill' tool 42A and it was pretty easy:-) Not really, I made a tool from a large washer which I cut and beveled to hold the space open and allow me to drive the pin out. On one of them I thought I was tapping against the pin when in reality it was a blind hole, that didn't work so well....
      Cheers,
      Lynn

      Delete
    2. FWIW, Dave Ferguson says to install the winders so that they go up when the window is fully closed -- to avoid the knee, and so that when the window is open it's also out of the way. I'm going to fix mine that way soon because it does get in the way sometimes.

      Delete
    3. Hi Jerry, sounds like good advice.
      Cheers,
      Lynn

      Delete