Wednesday, December 7, 2016

And now the drivers side...


Working on the drivers side, tasks are coming to a close with the sub zero weather and no tires....
I think I'll send RJ home next week and wait for nice weather to do the 'fettling' after we have tires.
Wonder what the deal is with the cracks that seem form in this spot on either side, must be related to the window frame  which the OTS doesn't have?




Welded back up

Door on, working on fitment...

Aside from reinstalling the dash top, I should be pretty much done till I can fettle and tune the car,  I'm a little worried about the clutch but will have to see when we can start driving RJ.

My next project will be either to finish the 4.2L engine or work on my '73 and see if I can fix the oil leaks and power steering....Haven't decided if I'll continue the blog since the purpose of this was to keep Michelle up to date on RJ's progress.

Cheers,

4 hrs

2 comments:

  1. I love the blog! It's the crowning glow of my happy hour! Yes, I know it takes lots of work and you certainly do a great job of it. I used to do one of these for the yellow Jag, but gave it up after the accident. Still have lots of pics on my computer and enjoy looking back at them -- and learning something.

    Don't erase this one! I'm going to need it when the garage is finished and I start work on the IRS. Or you can come down with Jan for some nice Austin spring weather and supervise. :-) And maybe we can talk Jerry into zipping over in his new Corvette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drew, appreciate the thoughts. Would love to come down and help you on it. With Jerry to supervise we could do a heck of a job! :-)
      Cheers,
      Lynn

      Delete