Thursday, September 8, 2016

Making progress

I stripped the paint off the adjusting collar for the steering column and repainted it yesterday.  Looks a bit better  I hope.

Steering wheel in place, will likely have to be moved when the gets aligned but it looks nice to have it back on the car and the column sorted with new universals

The new ball joint that came today


Getting the upper ball joint to seat using a pipe clamp to hold them snug 

Poor picture but the greased wheel bearings, new seal are in place and the caliper attached, again I used lock washers, locktight  and safety wire. over kill for sure!
That's it for today, tomorrow will be the last day for awhile since I'll be getting Emmy ready for the oil leak (I've been told that adding tour is redundant with Jaguars).
Cheers....

No comments:

Post a Comment