Monday, February 20, 2017

Braking up....or I get a charge out of this?

Well heck, I don't have anything exciting to share today so I tried for the catchy title, oh well.
The Voltage regulator problem came back when Michelle and I drove her car to the gas station so today I thought I would open it up and clean the contacts and see if that fixed it.  Don't know yet but these VR's look like they have a pound of copper in them and look like they should survive a nuclear attack!  At any rate I cleaned the contacts with fine sand paper and electronic cleaner... I'll let you know.  The wipers were barely working on our test drive so I figured it was crusty grease and cleaned it out replaced it with white lithium and guess what, it has 2 speeds now.  For some reason I decided I had better re-check the lights and lo and behold the brake lights had stopped working, I'm sure they were working last December but not now.  I had a  new VW switch that reportedly works for the E Type and installed it today.  Brake lights! 

Inside of the VR, like I said it's robust.


That's it for now, centered the steering wheel and cleaned the turn signal mechanism but still need to finish the alignment.

Cheers,



3 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment