Saturday, February 18, 2017

Always an adventure...

Took RJ down to get the front end aligned which turned out to be problematic but after it successfully made it back home (with Jan on standby for towing) decided that it was time to gas up RJ.  I called Michelle up to see if she wanted to go into town with me.   Yesterday I had put 2.5 gallons in and thought we had plenty to get to the gas station,  well as you have likely assumed by this point, when we hit the last hill on the way into town RJ stalled out.  Well, I had been suspicious that RJ might pull such a trick so I packed another 2 gallons and after this unfortunate 'failure to progress' we made it to the gas station.  On the way back I 'forced' Michelle to drive RJ back, Michelle's Dad Pete, had made sure his kids knew how to drive LBC's and Michelle showed me up, flawless gear changes (moss box!) and here is a video of her driving.

Still a few things to work on, the amp meter pegged again, the idle is too fast and the windscreen wipers have one speed-SLOW.  But we are beginning to see the light....

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment